guyharris

Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Final goodbye to appalling Vodafone treatment

I am finally saying goodbye to Vodafone, after nearly a decade of being a good customer, and having put up with their bullying, incoherent and disrespectful customer service.

I have offered to pay €600 to close a dispute that was caused by Vodafone’s ineptitude.  However, that has been ignored, and I am no longer resident in Holland.  

I hope that others can learn from my crappy experience with the company.

The last correspondence:

Hi,

I am now ready to deal with this matter. 

However, there are quite a few points that you have missed in this case.

Firstly, please refer to the following thread on the Vodafone forum:

https://forum.vodafone.nl/archief-2019-93/what-is-going-on-with-vodafone-customer-non-service-299673...

I have never been informed as to the reason why Vodafone did not accept their mistakes in this case.  It is quite clear that Vodafone has acted unprofessionally in this case.  From the thread:

1. You sent me an SMS saying that I was in Austria when I was in Kosovo, but knowing that Kosovo has a 'special status' as a non-state due to the problems with Serbia, and knowing how much the EU is involved in smoothing things over, I assumed that Vodafone was treating Kosovo as part of Austria for administrative reasons.
  2. I didn't even use my phone having arrived at Pristina late at night.
  3. I woke up 6 hours later to a blocked phone, due to a €1000 data charge.
  4. I called Customer Service, and over the next few days opened a complaint.
  5. You incorrectly closed the original customer support case.
  6. You then couldn't get Customer Service to talk to Accounting.
  7. The phone was then blocked 3 times, in spite of an agreement not to do so until the matter had been settled.
  8. I was informed that I would be contacted before anything happened: this didn't happen.
  9. I was not informed of any case resolution, or the reasoning, in spite of one of the Customer Service representatives on 29th May saying that I wasn't alone in this situation.

(See attached screenshot Vodafone.png that does not load on the forum.)

Secondly, I want to resolve this case, but there is no way that I will pay your demand of €3282.04.  I tried to be reasonable with Vodafone during this issue; I paid all my bills, apart from this disputed one, and I have been a Vodafone customer for many years.  

You should note:

• I have reasonable grounds to defend this in court
  • I will no longer be resident in NL, and the address in Bunnik is now invalid
  • I am making a reasonable offer, based on actual value, not a cancelled contract
    • I don’t accept the charge for services that were never delivered, or that I have breached the contract: Vodafone has breached the contract
  • If you don’t accept this offer, you have no legal entity in NL against which to pursue a claim

Thirdly, my offer is this:

• €600
    • Based on value of the iPhone XR, which was part of the contract from January 2019
    • Payable immediately on acceptance of this settlement
  • You release the number ******** to me
    • This was my number from 2006, and having it removed has caused me a lot of problems and upset
  • The matter is considered ‘settled’ with no legal record of debt

I look forward to your immediate response.  This offer is valid to 1730hrs on Wednesday 10th June.

Regards

Guy Harris

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Lycke
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1103Posts
  • 199Oplossingen
  • 333Likes

Hey @guyharris . 

I'm very sorry to hear that things have gone this way. 

To be honest; i'm not able to look at the details of all that happened. And, even more honest, it wont be of any use i guess. I understand that your case has been processed by our complaints-department and the outcome is not what you expected/wished. Thats always a shome, off course. I mean, we want all of our customers happy! Unfortunately, things didn’t’t work out between “us”. And i'm sorry for that. 

Nevertheless i wish you all the best! 

Bekijk in context

2 Reacties 2
Lycke
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1103Posts
  • 199Oplossingen
  • 333Likes

Hey @guyharris . 

I'm very sorry to hear that things have gone this way. 

To be honest; i'm not able to look at the details of all that happened. And, even more honest, it wont be of any use i guess. I understand that your case has been processed by our complaints-department and the outcome is not what you expected/wished. Thats always a shome, off course. I mean, we want all of our customers happy! Unfortunately, things didn’t’t work out between “us”. And i'm sorry for that. 

Nevertheless i wish you all the best! 

guyharris
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thank you for your response.  The problem is that the case was not ‘processed’, unless you consider that driving a car into a tree at 100km/h is a ‘process!’  It was badly-handled, communications were absent (I have STILL never received an explanation of the decision!) and this was caused by Vodafone’s systemic mistakes.

I paid every bill before and after this one, for nearly a decade.  I offered to pay something, as a compromise, but Vodafone are too arrogant and inflexible to be able to handle such a process, and thus have lost even the €600 I offered in compensation for the iPhone that was part of the contract.

Very stupid.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic