timbowroad

Ontdekker
  • 1Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Fair use policy

I took out a one year contract with vodafone nl in february, knowing that I would be leaving NL for the UK in september, on the basis that I would be able to carry on using my contract as I do in NL. This was explained to me by the sales person - no mention was made of a 'fair use' policy at the time. Will vodafone either a) give an exemption to these rules or b) allow the contract to be terminated early? Unilateral changing of contract terms or failure of sales staff to explain important terms and conditions fully during a sales call are both legally unacceptable.
3 Reacties 3
LDavis

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi Tim/Vodafone,

I am also very angry about this. After having issues with not being able to convert my previous subscription when abroad, I decided to stick it out and stay with Vodafone and prolonged my subscription with one year last February (2017). Currently, I am studying abroad (Germany, and soon Czech Republic) and decided to stay with Vodafone because I could keep my number and more or less the same costs. In February, there was no mention anywhere of the Fair Use Policy (F.U.P.) and I find it quite unbelievable that you dropped this bomb yesterday via an SMS (that this F.U.P. is starting today). I have no way of meeting the Fair Use Policy requirements, so basically I will be coaxed into paying additional fees on top of this subscription. I have been a Vodafone client for 10 or so odd years and am disgusted with the constantly poor customer care. Please give me some reasonable options as to how I can proceed without massive costs. If that means cancelling this subscription or giving me some viable roaming options, I would like to hear about it. If the support I receive is poor, I will seriously consider taking legal steps this time. In await of your response.

@ Vodafone, U kunt ook op mij reageren in het Nederlands.
LDavis

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
So the first Press Release about this was sent out on 25th April 2017 (http://www.gsmhelpdesk.nl/nieuws/14229/vodafone-biedt-per-1-juni-roam-like-at-home-in-de-eu-en-diver...). Please explain to me how it is legal to implement this new policy on users who agreed to a contract before this date?
Latifa871

Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
I Am also pissed. I am client since April and already regret this contract. before signing the contract i ask in the shop as to the desk if I can use my full data for the 8 months that i will be working in Spain.

I do not use Netflix of use it as a hotspot. Just some calls and WhatsApp.

Vodafone really has to come with changes or they have to give people the chance to end their contract
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic