piotr

Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

no text (SMS) service for more than 3 months

I had a prepaid in one of the Dutch networks for about 2 years (working perfectly) and on 26/11/2013 the number was transferred to Vodafone (post-paid) and then the troubles started: everything works except for the fact that the text messages sent from abroad from the other phones can not reach my number so my friends or family could not text me (while they ware able to make voice calls).
I made about 15 calls to customer service and 4 complaints via feedback page, even instructing them where the problem most probably is. I even made a report on dates, times and numbers from which SMSes were not delivered (various contries and networks), essentially doing Vodafone network engineers' job - but all for nothing

So far, the company demonstrated:
–lack of any technical skills (3 months+ and problem is unsolved)
–lack of process management competences (case occured at certain moment to be on a ‘to-do’ list of a person who left company, not transferred to someone else)
–and lack of any customer care (consultant not telling truth, no contact with me, just more an more cases open without any results and standard answers "we are working for it" or "the problem is not in our network")

I do not have high expectations that I'll actually get a problem solution on this forum (again:I suspect that while transferring the number someone just forgot to transfer SMS service). I'd rather hope that a Vodafone staff member reading this will make someone competent from technical department to solve my case.
(you can reach me via my forum's email)

Full regards

Piotr
11 Reacties 11
NetwerkFreak
Expert
Expert
  • 1397Posts
  • 45Oplossingen
  • 200Likes
verwijderd
piotr
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi NetwerkFreak,
it is Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II

NetwerkFreak
Expert
Expert
  • 1397Posts
  • 45Oplossingen
  • 200Likes
verwijderd
piotr
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
I used to have a prepaid in LycaNL and that number was transferred to Vodafone abonnement in Nov 2013,
resulting in the aforementioned problems.

Inserting SIM into the other phone was in fact one of the first things performed after spotting the problem
(with the same effect). Also, resetting the phone and or leaving if turned off for some time did not help either
Flow

Gedreven Raadgever
  • 132Posts
  • 14Oplossingen
  • 29Likes
Hi Piotr,

Unfortunately this is a known problem. Al numbers ported from Lyca mobile to another provider (t-mobile, KPN, Vodafone or any other provider) have this issue with receiving international SMS.

The quickest solution is to change the mobile number. Another solution is to port back to Lyca.

If you don't want that (wich I completely understand) I would kindly advise you to send an official complaint to Vodafone. This way they're forced to give you a solution within 30 days. They won't be able to give you a solution with your current mobile number but with the reply they give you, you can contact ACM. They can force Lyca to implement a solution.

The problem really is at Lyca mobile.

Regards
piotr
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi Flow,
thanks (and kudo) for your information. I will not, however, mark this thread as 'solved'
because for me a solution is a fully functional service. If the problem is really well known
I'd expect Vodafone to warn me in advance. I'd then be able to make an informed
decision whether to keep my old number or not. This is, however, more a topic for
a different forum.

Regards

Piotr
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
Hello @piotr,

Unlike Flow I've never encountered this before. This is not a known problem, so we could not warn you in advance. I recommend you to report this to our customer service. They will try to resolve this immediately. If it doesn't work they can make a report for our technicians. For this we will need your account information, so we cannot handle this through our Forum. If you are a subscriber with us, it is also our responsibility to ensure that all services are working properly. You do not have to notify Lyca about this.
piotr
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi Marc,
thanks for advice on calling customer service but as I have stated in my original post
I made about 15 calls to customer service and 4 complaints via feedback page
during this 3 months period and the problem is not resolved. Also, no contact form Vodafone towards me

(except for 1 SMS at the very beginning)

They opened cases both in "network problems" topic and "number handover" topic but all with no results,

even after I provided a detailed report on deliveries that failed (looks like subscriber doing network engineers

job but I really wanted this to be solved so I cooperated)

This is why I tried with the forum in hope that someone will ultimately take care of my case.

I can be contacted via forum's email to provide any further details.

Regards

Piotr

Flow

Gedreven Raadgever
  • 132Posts
  • 14Oplossingen
  • 29Likes
@Marc- ,

Please check at your 2nd/3rd line. It's only known at these departments. 😉

@piotr
Contating Lyca yourself will be useless. You're a VF customer now and everything has to go through them. 🙂
piotr
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi everyone,
believe me or not but my case which started in Nov 2013 is still unresolved.

In March, one of the consultants recognized it takes way too long and tried to put
himself on top of it. He opened a new case but today I learnt it was close without any notification
to him or myself. I called VF four times and each time the consultants promised to email
that specific person but he never got any emails so was unaware of the (lack of) progress.
In a meantime I got a new SIM (was said to be sent but never reached me, had to get one
from the VF shop) , it also did not help

Just cusious what will come first: solution to this problem or expiration of my contract
(1.5yr to go)

Reragds
Annabelle
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 1846Posts
  • 148Oplossingen
  • 119Likes
Hi Piotr,

That's a pitty! I can imagine you want to get this problem solved as soon as possible. It would be nice to check some things in our systems, but you can not send me your personal information via this Forum. Can you contact us by our Twitter or Facebook page? Thanks in advance!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic