tosi

Ontdekker
  • 1Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Remote control of the device through mobile network

Hello,
I tried to use network camera and data logging device with IoT gateway and mobile router with vodafone data SIM card.
I couldn't remotely control the camera and data logging device.

Could someone let me know whether mobile data service of vodafone supports below function or not.

1) Is IPv4 Global IP address assigned to our device when we use mobile data service (or using your company's SIM card)?
DHCP is OK. (Static Global IP is not our requirement)
2) Can we access its assigned global IP via the Internet by our other device (like PC)?
If you have any access to the global IP, then please let me know its limitation.
3) If you have any data communication service (or plan) for accessing the Global IP, please let me know.
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
Hello @tosi, 1) Yes you will get a IPv4 IP-address assigned
2) There are limitations with our mobile network. In order to protect our customers from attacks the connection is not wide open.
3) You can contact our customer service and let them know what the issue is. They can create a case towards our technical department. They will first exclude whether there are no other options or causes, but if necessary, this special APN is connected.

Bekijk in context

2 Reacties 2
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
Hello @tosi, 1) Yes you will get a IPv4 IP-address assigned
2) There are limitations with our mobile network. In order to protect our customers from attacks the connection is not wide open.
3) You can contact our customer service and let them know what the issue is. They can create a case towards our technical department. They will first exclude whether there are no other options or causes, but if necessary, this special APN is connected.
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
No reaction, topic closed
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic