Joanna1906

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

PDP Authentication Failure

Hello, at the beginning of the month I was in Greece using my vodafone sim card for the internet in Greece. It worked perfectly fine for the first two days, but then all of the sudden it stopped working. I tried resetting everything, I made sure Roaming was on, but EU internet was off and the APN & username + password were correct. Also, it did not work when I was in Germany last week. Can you please help me? The main reason for me getting the YOU L package was the fact that I can also use it in other european countries but now it does not work all of the sudden, even though it worked before.

Thank you
9 Reacties 9
NetwerkFreak
Expert
Expert
  • 1397Posts
  • 45Oplossingen
  • 200Likes

What are your APN settings?
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
Joanna1906, did you see the reply from NetwerkFreak?
Netwerker
Expert
Expert
  • 986Posts
  • 111Oplossingen
  • 401Likes
From the Vodafone Australia (!) Forum, I found and copied this answer. I think it's the correct answer.

PDP authentication failure is sometimes displayed on iPhones when they're unable to connect to the data network. It can be caused by incorrect phone settings, network outages, high traffic on the network etc- it isn't specific to phones who have recently had their SIMs swapped.

If you've just done a SIM swap because you've picked up a new phone and are getting the PDP error, then chances are that you're phone's APN hasn't been set up correctly. On an iPhone the best way to ensure that the APN is correct is by syncing the new phone to iTunes, with the new Vodafone SIM inserted.

If you're still having this PDP authentication failure issue after updating your APN, then please post a message again.

Kind regards.

Succes!

Netwerker
Joanna1906
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
My APN settings are:

APN: live.vodafone.com
Username: vodafone
Password: vodafone

I tried updating the APN, resetting it, I tried to do everything I could find online but it still does not work.
Anonymous
Niet van toepassing
What happends if you change the apn to office.vodafone.nl? Username vodafone password vodafone
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
Joanna1906, have you already tried to change the apn?
Desiree-

Raadgever
  • 397Posts
  • 12Oplossingen
  • 53Likes
Joanna1906 have you tried what Marc- suggested? 🙂
Jackie
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 686Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 63Likes
We haven't received any responses to this topic in a while. We'll close it in 48 hours. It's no longer possible to respond to the topic after it has been closed.
Jackie
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 686Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 63Likes
Topic gesloten.
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic