kevinmce

Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Network issues near 5504

Hello to you Vodafone moderators,

Im sorry for having to speak english, but i dont trust google translate.

I am a customer of vodafone for over a year using an Iphone 5. In around the last three months the network speed near my workplace(5504DM) has reduced to 0.2Mbps
Previously it was around 7Mbps. Since the reduction i have tried network setting resets and even recently i have updated the firmware but still no improvment.

At my home(5616) i get around 10Mbps.

Is there anything wrong with the mast near my work?

7 Reacties 7
Bas
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2791Posts
  • 210Oplossingen
  • 197Likes
Hi Kevin, welcome to the forums! According to our measurements our network-strenght should be excellent at 5504DM. Could you check how many signal-bars you get? Also, a good indicator of a network-issue would be if your colleagues also get significantly slower speeds then they're used to. If there is a network related issue, that should be the case
kevinmce
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi Bass,

Normally i have either 5/5 or 4/5 signal bars inside or outside so i dont think its the signal quality.
I did ask some of my colleagues and I have to admit that they said that they did not notice a slow netowk.

I was thinking it was a network setting for my phone but ive tried resetting the operator settings with no improvment.

I did a sped test the other day, here are the results from work:
Test Date: Jan 6, 2014 09:53
Download: 0.18 Mbps
Upload: 0.38 Mbps
Ping: 78 ms
Connection Type: Cellular
Server: Utrecht
Latitude: 51.4031
Longitude: 5.4135
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=51.403053,5.413520

And the same test from home(Removed location info):
Test Date: Jan 9, 2014 21:27
Download: 9.86 Mbps
Upload: 1.67 Mbps
Ping: 57 ms
Server: Eindhoven

Bas
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2791Posts
  • 210Oplossingen
  • 197Likes
Hi Kevin, well that makes things interesting 😉 If the test-result is excellent at other locations the phone should be fine. Sufficient signal strenght and colleagues with good speeds at the same location usually means that the netwerk is also fine and that there are no capacity issues.

Still, there is something causing interference with the signal. I'm gonna start thinking out of the box, so bare with me 😉 Are there maybe other strong signal-sources around? Like wifi-routers or something like that? If it's something like that, your speeds should be good elsewhere in the building, and outside the building.
kevinmce
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
I had thought the same when i first saw the issue. But i have slow network either inside/outside and even while leaving the campus towards eindhoven. Only as i leave veldhoven towards eindhoven i see an increase in network speed.
Heres a map of my route away from work and the midway point(Meerveldhovenseweg) is where the network usually improves. It makes sence since its probably where my phone changes to a new tower.

Serkan B
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 4256Posts
  • 241Oplossingen
  • 733Likes
Thanks for the details.

Can you run a speed test at the same location with a colleague who also has Vodafone?

Let us know what the results are.
kevinmce
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
After asking a colleague to perform the test also and indeed our speeds are both very slow.
Maybe the others who said they did not have an issue were actually connected to wifi 😛 Speed test of a colleague (iPhone 4s) http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/738860130?utm_source=share-page&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharev1Test Date: Jan 15, 2014 16:56
Download: 0.44 Mbps
Upload: 0.00 Mbps
Ping: 93 ms
Server: ARNHEM
Latitude: 51.4025
Longitude: 5.4140
My own speed test:
A detailed image for this result can be found here:http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/738860974
Test Date: Jan 15, 2014 16:57
Download: 0.32 Mbps
Upload: 0.40 Mbps
Ping: 624 ms
Server: Antwerp
Latitude: 51.4025
Longitude: 5.4140
Bas
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2791Posts
  • 210Oplossingen
  • 197Likes
That makes more sense 😉

I've sent you a private message, could you reply to that? We'll use your number as an example and investigate further!
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic