remyb

Ontdekker
  • 1Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

I do not receive SMS

Hello (Apologies for writing in English, My dutch isnt good enough to explain the issue in details)

My mobile is: iPhone 8 plus

The issue started somewhere middle of November, when I didn’t receive PayPal verification SMS, and PayPal suggested I contact Vodafone. After a little bit of troubleshooting, I found out that I dont also receive SMS from any vodafone number (tested with Vodafone customer services, I didnt receive the verification SMS she sent), but I receive from ABN AMRO and international numbers, and T-mobile (with abit of delay). 

Troubleshooting done with customer service over the phone

1. Change mobile network - didnt work
  2. reset network  and restart phone- didnt work
  3. the customer service blocked my number and unblocked it - this worked for 10 mins, i received all the pending SMS, but 10 minute later I stopped receiving SMS again, so the customer support rep suggested I go and I get a new SIM card.
  4. New SIM card: After I used the new SIM card, I received SMS for roughly 10 mins, and then I stopped receiving SMS after 10 mins.

Troubleshooting by myself

1. I put the SIM in another phone: 10 mins after I used the other phone, I stoppped receiving SMS, and when I swapped back to my original phone, I started receiving SMS for 10 mins before it stopped again.
  2. I tested another number with a differemt service provider, and it works on the same mobile, I received SMS normally.
  3. I noticed the SMS temporrary works (max 10 mins) when vodafone network resets for some reason, for example I read on the internet to dial *#5005*7276# (to reset the SMS central number or something similar), and this force the SMS to work for around 10 mins and then it stops again.

I can send SMS with no problems, the above issue only for receiving SMS.
customer service still have a case open but  havent heard back since last Friday and I am very dependent on receiving SMS for 2nd verifications. Anyone crossed a similar issue or can propose a working solution? Its been a pleasant 10+ years with no issue at all with Vodafone but I cannot stay without SMS for another week. 

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Lycke
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1103Posts
  • 199Oplossingen
  • 333Likes

Hey @remyb . Welcome to our Community. 

I understand that receiving SMStexts can be very important in order to verify accounts. I see a case to investigate this problem and the solution has already been started. Unfortunately, i have no more info than to wait for the outcome of that investigation. Hope everything works as it should be soon! 

Bekijk in context

1 Reactie 1
Lycke
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1103Posts
  • 199Oplossingen
  • 333Likes

Hey @remyb . Welcome to our Community. 

I understand that receiving SMStexts can be very important in order to verify accounts. I see a case to investigate this problem and the solution has already been started. Unfortunately, i have no more info than to wait for the outcome of that investigation. Hope everything works as it should be soon! 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic