acarmich

Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Cannot order from website to UK

I am travelling to Amsterdam for the weekend and I want to order a Prepaid Micro Sim for my iPhone 4S but it wont let me order saying I'm not puting in the correct phone number for Vodafone to contact me on. If I put my UK number in as a contact number it keeps saying its not correct even though I have chosen the correct length for a UK number. If I try to put in a Dutch number it just rejects it?

Please help, it is very urgent I need this sim by the 20th of April

Many Thanks
4 Reacties 4
Martin
Expert
Expert
  • 725Posts
  • 61Oplossingen
  • 97Likes
Are you travelling by plane? On Schiphol airport there's a vending machine from Vodafone and you can buy a prepaid SIM-card from that machine on the spot.
acarmich
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
I'm not I'm afraid, this is why I wanted to have the sim before getting to Amsterdam. I am arriving at around 9:30am by boat. I have checked to see where the Vodafone and other networks shops are just off of Dam Square but I want it before so I can use it between the ferry port and the hotel so I can start to plan my trip. 🙂
Martin
Expert
Expert
  • 725Posts
  • 61Oplossingen
  • 97Likes
The problem is that these orders are delivered by a Dutch courier service. They need your phonenumber in order to reach you and schedule an appointment to deliver the SIM-card.
Since you are UK-based, this will not be possible and that's why your order is rejected.

I'm afraid there is no other option for you, except for maybe one: If you have friends in the Netherlands, ask them to go to a Vodafone store, pick up a prepaid micro-SIM and ask them to send it to you by mail.

Sorry for not being able to give you better tidings, I sincerely hope you will enjoy your stay in our country 😉
acarmich
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Thank you for trying anyway, it's much appreciated. It's strange how the order screen gives you the choice of other countries but then doesn't let you place an order. They should advise that it's not possible to purchase this if you are outwith the Netherlands.

Thanks again.

Alan 🙂
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic