stupidx1000

Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Ziggo to Ziggo calls via WhatsApp not possible

Calls using whatsApp from Ziggo to Ziggo provider are impossible, connection is very poor and no possible to have conversation. 

Both addresses are in Amsterdam : 1- De Pijp and 2- Oud West so not far and coverage should be excellent. 

When other caller is on different provider there is no issue.

What is the solution here please ?

Sorry not speaking Dutch ..

Oplossingen

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Hi @stupidx1000
Welcome to the Vodafone Community. 

English is fine! If I understand correctly you experience issues with inbound and outboand calls by using Whatsapp. This is only the matter if both devices are connected with a Ziggo wifi-network? If you don't experience this issue when the devices are connected by 4G it's not Vodafone related. I would advise you to contact your ISP provider. 

Bekijk in context

stupidx1000
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Well as I explained KPN provider has no issue with receiving txt messages, and I did my homework on the issue. 

I need to use my private mobile and not work mobile,

so I will switch to KPN as soon contract is due with Vodafone.

thanks, I didn't really think that Vodafone can help anyway

Bekijk in context

9 Reacties 9
Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Hi @stupidx1000
Welcome to the Vodafone Community. 

English is fine! If I understand correctly you experience issues with inbound and outboand calls by using Whatsapp. This is only the matter if both devices are connected with a Ziggo wifi-network? If you don't experience this issue when the devices are connected by 4G it's not Vodafone related. I would advise you to contact your ISP provider. 

stupidx1000
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Cecilia,

Yes this is correct I have an issue only when using Wifi.

When I logged into Ziggo and wished to report a problem I was transferred to this page(?) I don't have time for calls to Ziggo.

I do however have an issue with Vodafone mobile not being able to receive the system generated txt messages from DigiID Ireland. ( the same as DigID in the Netherlands )

I was given a brand new SIM card, my contract has been checked in the Vodafone shop, I reset all network settings and still not working. 

My work mobile provider KPN has no issue receiving txt-s but I need to use a private number.

I also swap sim card from work iPhone to private and there was no issue to receive txt. 

How can you help me on this please ?

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Hi @stupidx1000
Unfortunately, I have to refer you to my colleagues at Ziggo for the problem with the WiFi. Unfortunately, this is not something I can solve for you through here.

I like to help you further with the issue "verification SMS". Great to read that you have already tried so much to solve this.
Do you only have problems with the SMS from this company or from other companies as well?

stupidx1000
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Steven, Thank you, only the verification SMS from DigID Ireland is the problem, no other verification codes are the issue.

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Thanks @stupidx1000! In this case you need to contact DigiD Ireland  about this. This is because this the only company where it goes wrong with the SMS.

stupidx1000
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Well as I explained KPN provider has no issue with receiving txt messages, and I did my homework on the issue. 

I need to use my private mobile and not work mobile,

so I will switch to KPN as soon contract is due with Vodafone.

thanks, I didn't really think that Vodafone can help anyway

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

I understand, but we don't send these messages. Therefor the sender has to contact their provider to investigate this @stupidx1000.
If the issue was with more numbers, we can start an investigation.

stupidx1000
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

I also understand, but how come that KPN provider can receive it with no issue and Vodafone can't ?

I switch the sim and got the txt so is not my mobile settings. 

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Probably their is an issue (I think), with sending text to VF NL numbers @stupidx1000.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic