Stuartuknl

Ontdekker
  • 1Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

iPad mini 3G internet abroad

Hi all. My first post.

I have am iPad mini and need to use internet whilst traveling. I don't know the mobile number of the sim so can't register for My Vodafone and obviously can't send a text to turn on the service. Standard data roaming would just be too expensive. Can anyone help urgently with this?

Many thanks,

Stuart
4 Reacties 4
RuudNL

Liefhebber
  • 650Posts
  • 17Oplossingen
  • 125Likes
You can activate roaming bundles using sms if you insert your data sim in a normal phone and send an sms message to 4000 with contents DATA OP REIS AAN for the € 7,50 bundle for 50 MB.

https://www.vodafone.nl/shop/mobiel-internet/abonnement/extra-opties/voordeelbundels/data-dagbundel-...

You can also use that to text yourself and find out the number associated with the subscription, which you can then use to activate My Vodafone. Activating mine unfortunately didn't work though, I never received a text message... maybe data-only numbers can't be used to activate a My Vodafone account.
Maartje
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2859Posts
  • 180Oplossingen
  • 208Likes
RuudNL schreef:
I never received a text message... maybe data-only numbers can't be used to activate a My Vodafone account.
Yes, they can! 😄 However, an iPad cannot receive text messages, so you won't receive one. Instead you will see a temporary pop-up message that contains the code to log into My Vodafone, but if you close the message, the code will be gone.

Stuart, do you also have an iPhone 5? Then you can insert the simcard into your iPhone to see the phone number that belongs to your simcard. Once you've found the number, you can contact our customer service to ask if they can register a My Vodafone account for you.
RuudNL

Liefhebber
  • 650Posts
  • 17Oplossingen
  • 125Likes
I never received an sms sent by My Vodafone on my Vodafone dongle (which should be able receive them using the included software).
Maartje
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2859Posts
  • 180Oplossingen
  • 208Likes
RuudNL schreef:
I never received an sms sent by My Vodafone on my Vodafone dongle (which should be able receive them using the included software).
Normally you need to put the simcard in a mobile phone to receive the sms because it isn't possible to receive text messages on a USB-stick.
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic