feymoo

Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Samsung Galaxy S4 Wifi Connection

A few months ago I got the Galaxy S4 from Vodafone and I have been having problems with it ever since, espcially the Wi-Fi connection.
When I connect to my Wi-Fi at home, it connected and nothing else happened. I was not able to load websites and do anything else that requires the internet. When I then disconnected and connected again, it worked. Really strange. So I had to get used to connecting to every network twice before I was able to do everything. And everytime when the phone dropped the connection (for example when I went outside), the same thing happened and I had to connect twice as well. At first I thought it is because of my Wi-Fi, so I went to several friends who all have a different router, but same thing here. I have looked through some forums of Samsung and found out that it might have something to do with the TKIP settings of the router. So I tried and changed that as well. But still, did not work.

Since yesterday there is Android 4.3 for the phone and it has gotten even worse now. Every time I connect to a Wi-Fi network, it does this:
1. Telling me that an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization and that the attempt has been blocked.
2. Telling me that the Wifi Connection is unstable and that I should enable Wifi Switch (Automacting switching between cellular and wifi).

But now I have to connect even more than two times to get a working connection.

So I restored my phone already, put it to factory settings, same thing. When I called the customer hotline, they did not even get the problem (Maybe because English was not their strongest suit) and when I went to the shop, they told me that that is normal (No, that is not normal).

Maybe one of you can help me or maybe has similar experinces with the phone?
6 Reacties 6
SamsungExpert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 4686Posts
  • 439Oplossingen
  • 899Likes
Hi!

That doens't sounds good! Did you speak to the Vodafone Netherlands customer service? I see that you are not living in The Netherlands? Many of the Samsung Galaxy S4 users are having those Wi-Fi problems and it's just a big bug which really should get out of the system.

Maybe the Samsung Service Center could help you better then the Vodafone shop.
And the customer service is also strong in the English words but they don't hear them every time what they hear is Dutch ;). I hope that they can help you at the Service Center via a program they can see what's wrong with the mobile phone. If they can't help you the phone can be send to reparation to having a better look to it. But as i can see in your text you are only here for some vacation or studing. Sending it could hold up to a couple of weeks like 3 or maybe if you are lucky 2.

Good luck!
(Clicking on the link will visit you the Samsung Netherlands site use the Google translate to having a better look on the website just a tip).
feymoo
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
No, it really does not sound good!

Yes, I called Vodafone customer service her in NL.
I already live here since two years and this is my second contract with you guys and will continue to do so in the future!

I'll have a look at the Samsung Website! But if I need to send it to them for repair, do I get a phone while mine is being repaired. ( Maybe it is good to mention here, that I have a Vodafone RED contract.)

Thanks for the quick reply!
SamsungExpert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 4686Posts
  • 439Oplossingen
  • 899Likes
Hi!

Ok. Thanks for saying that you have a Vodafone RED contract so i can give you some more information about it :).

Yeah sure it can with the most RED contract you will get a temporary phone. Which contract do you have? Example: 250 min + 500 sms + 1500MB?

No problem just leave your message here and your answer is almost there 🙂
That quick are we here on the Vodafone Forum!
feymoo
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Well I have the normal RED contract, so unlimited calling and texting and also 2GB of internet!

Should I then do the repair via Samsung or via Vodafone now?

SamsungExpert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 4686Posts
  • 439Oplossingen
  • 899Likes
Hi!

There is a big change you will get a temporary phone :)! Visiting a Samsung Service Center could be a good choose (sometimes the phones are already in use there) but a Vodafone shop is also ok! Or visit a Samsung Service Center that's in a Vodafone shop. If you are confused about it just leave a text message behind!

If you got any question further you can always contact us on the Vodafone Forum!
Good luck, and have a good day.
Bas
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2791Posts
  • 210Oplossingen
  • 197Likes
Hi feymoo, in this case I would advise a repair via Vodafone.
As a free extra service in your RED subscription, we can provide you with a temporary phone which will be delivered to you by courier (the service is called VTS, Vervangend Toestel Service, reachable via 045-7501515), who will also pick up and return your phone. If you have insurance on your phone, repairing it via Vodafone instead of directly through Samsung is also nescessary.

So in this case, I would advise a repair via Vodafone.
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic