somnar

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Nokia 100 - prepaid - not working in United States

I have had a Vodafone prepaid account for seven or eight years.  I recently got a new phone, a Nokia 100.  It worked in The Netherlands, but is not working in the United States.  "No network found", "emergency calls only".  When I move the SIM to my old Vodafone prepaid phone, the old phone works fine.  I've tried this with two difference Vodafone prepaid SIM card and the result is the same: they both work in the old phone, but neither works in the new (Nokia 100) phone.

Help!
3 Reacties 3
Bas
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2791Posts
  • 210Oplossingen
  • 197Likes
Hi somnar, welcome to the forums. The problem you mention could have several causes, both with sim or the phone itself.

I assume this is your phone? http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_100-4120.php
Could you tell me which providers are available where you are now?
somnar
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Yes, that is the phone.

I am in New York City, so there are many networks available.  T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc.  The sim works with a different - older - pay as you go Vodafone cell phone.  It just doesn't seem to work in the Nokia 100.  Odd.

Thanks in advance.
MauriceD
Expert
Expert
  • 691Posts
  • 65Oplossingen
  • 44Likes
somnar schreef:
Yes, that is the phone.

I am in New York City, so there are many networks available. T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc. The sim works with a different - older - pay as you go Vodafone cell phone. It just doesn't seem to work in the Nokia 100. Odd.

Thanks in advance.
Heey Sommar, wich of these networks did you ry to activate ?
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic