Vraag
Reacties
JvB

Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

eSim recovery

I have unintentionally deleted my mobile plan (eSim), when I try to recover trough the QR code I m not able to receive the text message to get the QR code.

How can I solve the issue?

Oplossingen

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Hi @JvB 

Welcome to the customers help customers Community of Vodafone.

Transfer or reinstall eSIM?

With the eSIM voucher
If you still have the eSIM voucher, you can delete the eSIM profile from your old device. Follow the instructions on the voucher to install the eSIM on your new device.

Via My Vodafone
Wait a while before deleting the eSIM profile on your old device. Log in to My Vodafone and go to 'View or transfer your eSIM'. There you will find your eSIM data and in a few steps you can activate your eSIM on your new device.

Good to know: Do not remove the eSIM profile from your device if you have lost the voucher and there is nothing about your eSIM in My Vodafone. You still have your voucher and if it doesn't work, it's best to visit a Vodafone store . Drop by one of the Vodafone stores and they help you out.

Bekijk in context

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

As long as the eSIM is visible in My Vodafone, you can restore it. Wait a while before deleting the eSIM profile on your old device. Log in to My Vodafone and go to 'View or transfer your eSIM'. There you will find your eSIM data and in a few steps you can activate your eSIM on your new device @JvB If that doesn't work, you need to go to a shop for a new eSIM. 

Bekijk in context

6 Reacties 6
Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Hi @JvB 

Welcome to the customers help customers Community of Vodafone.

Transfer or reinstall eSIM?

With the eSIM voucher
If you still have the eSIM voucher, you can delete the eSIM profile from your old device. Follow the instructions on the voucher to install the eSIM on your new device.

Via My Vodafone
Wait a while before deleting the eSIM profile on your old device. Log in to My Vodafone and go to 'View or transfer your eSIM'. There you will find your eSIM data and in a few steps you can activate your eSIM on your new device.

Good to know: Do not remove the eSIM profile from your device if you have lost the voucher and there is nothing about your eSIM in My Vodafone. You still have your voucher and if it doesn't work, it's best to visit a Vodafone store . Drop by one of the Vodafone stores and they help you out.

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Hi @JvB,
Welcome to the Vodafone Community. Oh, that doesn't sound right! I'm glad to see that @Energboy helped you right away. Were you able to solve it with this or did you still have to visit one of our stores?

JvB
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

No if you did not retain your QR code, the only thing you can do is to visit a Vodafone store, which I did. They gave me a new eSim and I used that one in my new phone. At T-Mobile it is actually possible to recover your mobile plan online as long as the phone has access to internet. This seems to me like something Vodafone would like to implement as well.

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

As long as the eSIM is visible in My Vodafone, you can restore it. Wait a while before deleting the eSIM profile on your old device. Log in to My Vodafone and go to 'View or transfer your eSIM'. There you will find your eSIM data and in a few steps you can activate your eSIM on your new device @JvB If that doesn't work, you need to go to a shop for a new eSIM. 

JvB
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you for your response, that's all clear to me now. My actual problem was that I followed the instructions on the website and deleted the mobile plan on the old phone after the site did an SMS identification verification to make sure it was me. Then I had to prepare new phone to use the QR code provided by the website but this took a few minutes because the phone was brand new out of the box and bugged me with all kind of stuff before I could actually install the mobile plan. At this time the Vodafone website had logged me out for safety reasons (timeout) and promised to continue where I left off after I logged in again. Only it didn't. I had to start the procedure again, but this time I wasn't able to identify by SMS because I just deleted my mobile plane. So I was stuck.

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Thank you for the explanation. That explains why it did'nt work. In this case, I will raise the issue internally that My Vodafone should log out less quickly. Especially in case of transferring the eSIM @JvB 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic