Reageer en help mee
guihfadul

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Vodafone Charging outside of coutry even when not used

Good afternoon.

Just an advice for people that is making this question: REMOVE THE CHIP FROM YOUR PHONE IF YOU ARE TRAVELING ABROAD AND DOESN'T WANT TO USE IT!

So, I went to another coutry outside of the EU last month, and on the process deactivated the internet (as I obviously didn't want to pay 5 euros PER DAY). Then, for some reason, in my monthly payment it said as if I used internet. I checked in, and found a bunch of "30kb" to "50kb" as shown below:

1000055908.jpg

 Ok, seems like an error, but when I contacted support, it was said that "there's nothing I can do" and that was it! Let me put it in a way: even trying, there's very few ways in which youl'd be able to use that low of a consumption. That is a really annoying thing, and I never seen something like that happening before.

4 Reacties 4
Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 12218Posts
  • 3554Oplossingen
  • 3187Likes

Gosh, that's annoying and certainly because you were so careful and wanted to take into account that you wouldn't have to pay 5 euros. But I think I see the problem, I'm not sure, you have to check that yourself. If you look in your My Vodafone and then at BloX, then I think you will see "Alles in 1 op Reis Wereld" on. Vodafone, I think, turns this on by default on all subscriptions. And because your device was able to connect to the internet, you were now able to use it. I would check it in your My Vodafone and turn it off if you don't want this option and also turn off ROAMING as soon as you go to a country outside the EU.

It is good that you come here to report it. There are Vodafone employees here online and they can look with you what is going on now. Please be patient, then they will be happy to help you further.

Meindert
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 12Posts
  • 5Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hello @guihfadul , welcome to our Community. Thank you for creating a topic when you have questions about this situation.

As Energieboy already indicated, your device has apparently connected to the foreign network. In such a situation, a bundle is automatically activated to prevent you from incurring high consumption costs. We do this deliberately to protect our customers. If you don`t want to use this bundle, you can switch it off at any time, for example in your My Vodafone account. In that case, the standard rates for use abroad apply. Please take this into account.

For the next time you travel to a country outside the EU: Check all the settings of your phone to see if it`s allowed to process updates on the data instead of only by wifi. Think of the general software updates of your device, but also the updates of individual apps. As soon as an app or a setting in your device has this clearance and connects to a foreign network, our network and your subscription will respond to this.

If you have any additional questions about this situation, please let us know. We are happy to answer your questions about this.

guihfadul
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Honestly there will be no second time. This was LITERALLY a way to take money from the user by the company. This is NOT to protect a customer, if a case like this isn't solved. And your comment doesn't help, it only shows and proves that this is made as a shadow pattern, intended to take money from the person. 

1000055907.jpg

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 12218Posts
  • 3554Oplossingen
  • 3187Likes

It's a pity that you say that Vodafone only wants to make money with this. Automatically turning on "Alles in 1 Reis Wereld" was done precisely to protect people from high costs as soon as they use their subscription outside the EU.

It is just like Meindert writes; "Check all the settings of your phone to see if it`s allowed to process updates on the data instead of only by wifi. Think of the general software updates of your device, but also the updates of individual apps. As soon as an app or a setting in your device has this clearance and connects to a foreign network, our network and your subscription will respond to this".

Now suppose that Vodafone had not turned on this service, your costs would have been even higher and you would have been even less happy with your invoice. I am only trying to help you with information, nothing more and nothing less. And no, I don't work at Vodafone.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Polls
Wat vind jij het mooiste aan de iPhone 16 serie?

Uitgelicht topic