Reageer en help mee
delftblue2020

Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Angry and desparate customer

To who it may concern,

I called vodafone and I visited your shops many times, but the problem cannot be resolved. I do not know what to do. 

A nightmare experience with Vodafone, and even getting worse now and seems this will never end!

This might not be the right place to do it, but I do not find a way to file a complaint. And I really get exhausted after calling Vodaphone service and visiting the Vodaphone shop many times and everytime, it seems an old problem was solved then soon a new problem arises.

Here is the story:

1. In November 2023, I subscribed to Vodafone Mobiel SIM only abonnement (Start XL 1 jaar) with my original mobile phone number . (contract 01). Note my husband also subscribed to the same SIM only abonnement for his mobile phone number.
  2. Then later on, my mobile phone was not working well. Then my husband and me called Vodafone service and asked the customer service to change from the SIM only abonnement to 1 year abonnement with a new mobile phone (iphone 14). I asked to keep the same phone number. We were told by the customer service that this is not standard process and it’s really a tailor-made solution. Therefore, when I received the new contract ( contract 02), I thought some strange details there are one part of that solution (e.g. the contract was assigned to my husband’s name ).
  3. On 20 December 2023, I received the new mobile phone (iphone 14). With the new phone I also received a new SIM card with different number. Then I realize that something was wrong and there were some mistakes by customer service from Vodaphone.
  4. Then I visited Vodafone shop in Rotterdam to solve this problem (i.e. my original phone number was not kept). I explained and a Vodafone staff agreed that it’s a mistake and would like to solve it. However, he told me that he must cancel the current contract (02) first and then set up a completely new contract again. I agreed and also returned the first new mobile phone (iphone 14) to the shop.
  5. The Vodafone staff set up a new contract (03) for me with a second new mobile phone ordered. The contract was also a bit strange, as the duration is 2 years (instead of 1 year as I asked for). Again he explained to me that it’s system issue, and everything will be fine.
  6. On 2 January 2024, I received the second new mobile phone (iphone 14) for contract 03. However, I do not trust Vodafone any more and do not understand why the contract 03 duration was changed to 2 years, and I’m afraid that there might be bigger mistake made by Vodafone. I’m simply exhausted. Therefore I went to the Vodafone shop in Delft and asked them to change the contract 03 (abonnement with mobile phone) to SIM only abonnement (Start XL 1 jaar). I simply wanted to change the situation back to November 2023. The staff in Delft agreed and changed it ( contract 04 ), saying it’s ok as it’s due to mistakes by Vodafone.
  7. Now I thought everything should be fine now. But it’s not.
  8. On 13 January 2024, I received the factuur Januari 2024, where I was asked to pay 160.26 euros! It showed that I used the data of 2.9 MB and I need to pay 81.15 euros for !! This is ridiculous. I then went back to Vodafone shop Delft again. The staff checked and told me that something was wrong when cancelling the contract. She told me that everything is corrected now.
  9. But not at all. Soon I received another surprise factuur for februari 2024, and I was asked to pay 44.69 euros for 1.9 MB data!!! I went to Vodafone shop Delft another time. The staff check and told me that something was not done correctly last time, so he fixed it now and promised me that it’s solved and I’ll not receive any surprise bill any more. However, he cannot refund what I have been charged wrongly, but he kindly offered to raise a case in the system. The staff is the only employee of Vodafone showing cares to customer.
  10. The raised case was reviewed and accepted by Vodafone, and I received my money back (160.26 euros plus 44.69 euros). This is good, but still not the end of the story.
  11. On 13 February 2024, I (actually my husband) received another factuur and this time we were asked to pay 458.06 euros for cancelling the contract! It’s automatically charged from my bank account. I called the customer service of Vodafone, and I was told to go to the Vodafone shop. I then went to the Vodafone shop Delft again, but the staff there told me to call the customer service. What a nice game of Ping-Pong!
  12. I have no other option, and was also extremely angry. I then rejected the charging of  458.06 euros from my account on 12 March 2024.
  13. On 16 March 2024, I received the letter from Vodafone asking me to pay the of 458.06 euros. This is the latest situation.

I do not want to spend any efforts to express my anger, and my request here is: cancel this invoice of asking me to pay  458.06 euros!

8 Reacties 8
Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 3042Posts
  • 896Oplossingen
  • 1031Likes

Hi @delftblue2020, welcome here. 

I can imagine that you are quite desperate because of this situation. In your message you mentioned that the costs for data outside your bundle already has been corrected. I'm happy to hear that. However, you now received an invoice with a huge amount. I assume these costs has been charged because contract 02 is been cancelled within the binding period. I would love to check this for you, however this amount is not linked to the mobile phone number which is noted in your Community profile. Can you please add the details of the contract for which you received this invoice in your Communty profile?

delftblue2020
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Dear Cecilia,

Many thanks for your quick response here! I've corrected the mobile phone number in my profile. If you can provide me an email address, I can also send to you by email.

Indeed one of the Staff in Delft shop helped me with the correction of incorrect invoice. That's the positive part of the whole terrible story.

I actually sent all the documents including contracts to klantenservices email provided by Vodafone shop, but I got automatic reply saying that nobody reads it. I also send the complaint with all documents to pers@vodafoneziggo.com (the email of vodafone press office), basically any email address I can find related to vodafone.

Thanks!

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 3042Posts
  • 896Oplossingen
  • 1031Likes

Hi @delftblue2020 
Unfortunately on this mobile phone number I also can't find the invoice of € 458,06. You mentioned that you get a new simcard and phonenumber for contract 2 (which is been cancelled). Based on your message I assume the invoice is for this contract, because the invoice isn't linked to the other 2 numbers. Can you please add this different number ?

delftblue2020
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi Cecilia,

The number for contract 2 is 06**

In the invoice for the € 458,06, the  Klantnummer is ** and Factuurnummer is **

Hope this helps. Thanks!

*Details removed by moderator - privacy*

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 3042Posts
  • 896Oplossingen
  • 1031Likes

Thankyou @delftblue2020! The costs have been charged for this (cancelled) contract. I just created a case for you to our department Complaints to look into this matter, case 13715947. Complaints will contact you 🙂

delftblue2020
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Dear Cecilia, Many thanks for your prompt and professional support!

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 3042Posts
  • 896Oplossingen
  • 1031Likes

Hi @delftblue2020 
I just received an update from Complaints. The costs have been corrected for you and they also send you a confirmation about this by e-mail! 

delftblue2020
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi Cecilia, indeed I received the email confirming it's corrected. Many thanks for your support here@

If you want, you can now remove this post from the community as it's a specific case.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic