Vraag
Reageer en help mee
saracosta2612

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Can I use a foreign ID card to order a Vodafone subscription in The Netherlands?

I am very disappointed with Vodafone. 

I have spent trying to fix this mistake (from Vodafone) more than 12h in total (with calls, and chats)!

First, my phone stopped working so I ordered a new phone and a new subscription with Vodafone. Two days later, the phone was being delivered to my house. I gave my partner's ID number and information, and he was working from home that day to receive the package. When the package arrived, they said they could not give the phone to him, since his ID was not Dutch, despite him being from EU. This is ridiculous and discriminative, since everyone in EU is no obliged to have a passport. Despite that, since he had a passport with him, he showed it to the delivery person, who still refused to give him the phone and SIM card. 

After that, I called and complained. Also, I asked for a new delivery, this time with the passport number. Vodafone employees told me this was not possible and that I had to wait two weeks for the other order to be canceled, even though none of the mistakes made were my fault. Also, I said I would be willing to go to a store and get a phone in person and the employee told me this was not possible. 

Afterward, I finally was able to (after 7/8 calls) make a new delivery (3-4 days after the first one).

For this second delivery, I didn't get any confirmation email, so I send chats and called the costumer service around 4 times for the next two days, and the employees were always saying that I had to wait and that everything was good with the order, I just had to wait. All this time, without a phone, All the calls I was able to make were with my partners' phone when he arrived home after work. 

Finally, 5 days later, I got an email saying my order (the second one) was canceled, without providing any explanation of why this was the case.

Until today (more than 2 weeks after the first order), I have not received any phone, nor any apologies, nor any type of help. 

I am extremely disappointed with Vodafone's services. 

3 Reacties 3
Judith
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 50Posts
  • 8Oplossingen
  • 10Likes

Hi @saracosta2612  thank you for sharing your complaint with us here on the Vodafone Community, welcome! 
How incredibly sad to read that you have been in touch with us so many times but that no solution has yet been found to the problems you are experiencing. I'd like to look into this for you and also see what the reason for cancelling your second order is. Please add in your My Vodafone profile the order number, and your postcode and house number, and I'll see how I can help you further.

saracosta2612
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Order number: ***

Postcode: ***

House number: ***

***Public data removed by moderator***

Marco
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 39Posts
  • 5Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Thank you for the information @saracosta2612.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to order a subscription with or without a phone with a foreign ID-card

This is only possible with the following documents:

Dutch ID card, passport or driver's license
Residence document type I, II, III, IV, V, or EU/EER (valid for at least 6 months)
Diplomatic Passport / NATO ID Card
W or W2 document
Article 50 EU (valid for at least 6 months)

I'm sorry I can't help you any further.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Polls
Wat vind jij het mooiste aan de iPhone 16 serie?

Uitgelicht topic