Dasclub

Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Tethering problem with prepaid sim

Hello

I try working with new vodafone prepaid sim abroad and cannot get tethering connection.

I have Internet connection but I can't get tethering connection (nor Bluetooth nor WiFi hot spot) - get "connected without internet"

I'm sure that my setup is working right (when I connect my phone to hotspot insteted of vodafone network) I get Internet connection via the Bluetooth tethering on my other device.

Is there any new tethering block in vodafone service?

thanks

9 Reacties 9
Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Hi @Dasclub 
Welcome to the Customers Help Customers Community of Vodafone.

Have you activated the Dutch prepaid SIM card in the Netherlands? That's just what I'm wondering at the moment. Because you have to be in the Netherlands to activate your prepaid card for the first time. If it continues to fail, please contact Vodafone customer service.

Dasclub
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi

Yes I did, the sim acctualy works great - I have Internet connection and can make calls and smss.

The problem is that I don't have Internet once I do tethering.

Would appreciate any ideas to solve the poroblem

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes
Dasclub
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I'm afraid not.

I do have Internet on my vodafone but don't have Internet on the other device while doing tethering ( Bluetooth nor WiFi hotspot). 

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Sorry, but I don't think I can help you then. Maybe someone from Vodafone can help you, or someone else in the community. Please be patient, someone from Vodafone will go through all the topics and then respond.

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2911Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Hi @Dasclub
Welcome to the Vodafone Community

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get tetering connection with your prepaid sim abroad 😞 My first impression is that this has something to do with the APN settings because you also mentioned that it does work when you are connected with another hotspot. Can you please check your APN settings with the settings mentioned in this topic

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

The problem is not with not being able to connect to the internet, because this topic starter can. The problem is that it cannot access the internet with another device via that device. At least, that's how I understand it and then it's not the APN.

Quite a difficult case, if you ask me 🙂

Dasclub
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi

You are right, I have Internet in my phone but Cabot do tethering to different device.

Are there any specific apn settings for tethering?

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2911Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Ah, I'm sorry that I earlier misunderstand your question. It's strange that tethering work when you are connected with another network but don't work if you are connected with Vodafone. I'm curious if it earlier in the Netherlands did work? Did you checked that by chance? And do you also have more specific information about the devices you are using? Did you also check if tethering work to another device then the one you are currently using?

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic