Vraag
Reacties
dcmw2001

Ontdekker
  • 1Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

sim

I got a new Iphone SE in the United States and when I returned to the Netherlands and put my vodaphone sim card in it said it wasn’t compatible with my phone. Do I need to get a new sim card?

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Hi @dcmw2001,

Welcome to our Community!

I can inmagine that this is a difficult situation. 
When buying your iPhone abroad, keep in mind that not all frequency bands for LTE (4G) and 5G are always supported.
For example, Europe has different frequency bands than the United States or Asia, As a result, you may not be able to use the network in Europe.

The best thing what you can do, is to check if the SIM is working in a different phone (android or Apple which is bought in Europe) . If not, check if the SIM is activated in My Vodafone.
If the SIM is activated and it doesn't work in your phone or someone elses phone, you can get a new SIM through one of our shops. 

Bekijk in context

2 Reacties 2
Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11753Posts
  • 3466Oplossingen
  • 3088Likes

Hi @dcmw2001 
Welkom op de klanten helpen klanten Community van Vodafone. 

Let bij iPhone uit USA op dat er verschillende iPhone-modelnummers  in gebruik zijn bij de providers Sprint, Verizon, AT&T en T-Mobile Daardoor zijn ze technisch niet identiek aan de modellen die in Europa worden verkocht. Dit geldt ook voor landen als Japan en China.

De Amerikaanse stroomadapter die je bij producten uit de VS krijgt kun je uiteraard vervangen door een Europese adapter. Vaak zul je nog wel een geschikte adapter hebben liggen. In de VS kun je terecht bij de officiële Apple Store en bij diverse winkelketens zoals Best Buy. 

Het is dus goed mogelijk dat je nu een toestel hebt die in Nederland niet te gebruiken is! 

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Hi @dcmw2001,

Welcome to our Community!

I can inmagine that this is a difficult situation. 
When buying your iPhone abroad, keep in mind that not all frequency bands for LTE (4G) and 5G are always supported.
For example, Europe has different frequency bands than the United States or Asia, As a result, you may not be able to use the network in Europe.

The best thing what you can do, is to check if the SIM is working in a different phone (android or Apple which is bought in Europe) . If not, check if the SIM is activated in My Vodafone.
If the SIM is activated and it doesn't work in your phone or someone elses phone, you can get a new SIM through one of our shops. 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic