Vraag
Reacties
MarkManna

Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Why is my S10 5G not supported by Vodafone?

Why is my Samsung S10 5G not supported on the vodafone 5g Network?

The s10 5g supports 5G, other versions of the S10 do not support 5g, but the 5G does support it.

Samsung has informed me that 5g is a standard and should work the same on telephone models and all networks.

So why does my telephone not work on the vodafone network.

Is it something in the hardware or the software?

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

In this case, everything is correct and no further adjustments can be made from us. This is really up to Samsung as they indicate. The same applies to the other networks. This depends on the frequencies used.

Bekijk in context

17 Reacties 17
Andr3

Gedreven Liefhebber
  • 31Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 20Likes

Is 5g activated on your subscruption? Some of the subscriptions are not with 5g. Extra payment activate the 5 g

MarkManna
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

yes, i had a limited ziggo subscription, this had to be updated to a new subscription.

Also have a brand new SIM card, that is supposed to support 5G.

Support desk says that S10 5G is not really 5G, it is missing something to be 5G?

Andr3

Gedreven Liefhebber
  • 31Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 20Likes

Ooh well, i had some kind of issue. The 5g wasn’t activated in the system of vodafone. Later on it was active. My experience is the following: my iphone gives briefly the note 5g. A few moments later disappears this not. Meanwhile i’m on 5g. Perhaps this happends with your phone?

otherwise, wait 1 or 2 days so an admin can help you in a better way then me on this moment?

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Hi @Andr3 
Your Galaxy S10 5G does not support. That's what it says on Vodafone's website. You can find this information on this Vodafone page: https://www.vodafone.nl/daarom-vodafone/netwerk/5g

Data is needed from Samsung to make it work at Vodafone. On Monday another person from Vodafone will be present at the community. This one can tell you more about that.

Andr3

Gedreven Liefhebber
  • 31Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 20Likes

Hi @Energieboy , this issue is on MarkManna’s Samsung. I’m proudly own a iphone which has this issue on a cheap subsubscription. 😄

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Oh sorry, yes I have to say @MarkManna 
thank you for telling 😁👍

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Hi @MarkManna
Welcome to the Vodafone Community. 

Unfortunately your device isn't supported for Vodafone 5G. Like @Energieboy also mentioned: You can find this information on this Vodafone page: https://www.vodafone.nl/daarom-vodafone/netwerk/5g

Data is needed from Samsung to make it work at Vodafone. Then we can do research and several checks to support this device for Vodafone 5G. Currently there or no updates about this. 

MarkManna
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Cecilia,

Vodafone wants to know what information is required.

MarkManna
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Cecilia,

Samsung is asking what information has not been provided to Vodafone for the S10 5G?

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

@MarkManna. Currently your device isn't supporterd for the Vodafone 5G network. The manufacturer can contact us about this so we can check together with them whether this device (software) also work on our 5G network. 

MarkManna
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Cecilia,

samsung states that there is no reason not to support the S10 5G, they can be contacted at any time to provide any information & support required.

my telephone receives an SMS every few days with: (vodafone)
We zien dat je toestel niet gebruikersklaar is voor internet. Ga naar www.vodafone.nl/startup.

This would indicate that the network does recognize that the phone can do more.

(these settings are in the 1st post)

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

There are 2 variants of the Samsung Galaxy S10. The 5G variant and one for 4G. We only offer the 4G variant @MarkManna. Where did you buy the Samsung Galaxy S10? 

You should not receive the SMS with the network settings that very often. I would like to investigate this further.

Can you send me a private message from here? You can click on a new message at the top here. Then you add me as a recipient.
In the message you may state the following information for verification:
- First and last name
- Address and zip code
- Date of birth and mobile number
- Last 4 digits of your bank account number

I would also like to hear from you the times at which you received the SMS (preferably as much as possible).
Do you receive the SMS randomly or when you restart the device, there has been no connection for a while, etc.? What did you notice about this?

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Thank you for the details @MarkManna! No problem, I'll be happy to respond in English :). I immediately checked your data and see that the 5G option is enabled on your subscription. Just to be sure, I took your number off the network and put it back on the network. Can you turn the device off for 1 minute and then turn it back on? If this does not work, I recommend that you test the SIM card in a device that supports 5G and was released in Europe (so not in another continent). I suspect that the device cannot handle the frequencies of the European network. In Europe we use different frequencies than in America or Korea (Asia). Can you ask the website where you ordered, which network frequencies are supported? Can you recieve 2G or 4G on our network? 

Can you check which network settings you have: https://community.vodafone.nl/t5/Tips-van-Vodafone/Instellingen-mobiele-data-in-het-buitenland-roami...

In addition, what my colleague states is correct. Vodafone NL does not (yet) support the S10 with 5G. The manufacturer can contact us about this. This allows testing of what is needed for 5G and a software update if necessary.

I would also like to hear from you the times at which you received the SMS (preferably as much as possible).
Do you receive the SMS randomly or when you restart the device, there has been no connection for a while, etc.? What did you notice about this? This can of course be related to the device, but would like to have this investigated for you.

MarkManna
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi @Louis,

Samsung has now confirmed that these phones (we have 2), may not work in the benelux 5G.

I have received sms' on the following days:

1 oct 11:51

1 oct 12:23

1 Nov 12:23

9 Nov 12:13

After restarting, i have not yet received the startup sms message.

We are mostly on wifi and don't go off that often. (working from home and not traveling at the moment)

I have just checked.

The telephone only connects on 

LTE (option 5G/LTE/3G auto)

it does not show a 4G option.

the 3G toes to E. (option LTE/3G or 3G only)

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

Vodafone NL no longer supports 3G. This is because 3G has been phased out. It is therefore correct that you then get 2G in the picture (2G / E / Edge).

Do you also not see LTE/4G appearing when mobile data is on? (LTE = 4G :).
Because this device was not released in Europe and Samsung indicates that it is not supported in Europe, this is due to the different frequencies. Has Samsung indicated that there will be an update for this? If that is not the case, I hope that you are still within the trial period and can return the device.
I think this will also explain why the SMS is being sent. But just to be sure, I'll have this checked by the technical service. The investigation is known as incident 10738202. My colleagues from the technical department will give you an update regarding this issue. 

MarkManna
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks for the information.

i believe that the settings are the same as described in your link.

The APN (roaming) protocol is set to IPv4/IPv6.

There is also an option for Bearer and Mobile Virtual network operator type.

Bearer is set to upspecified

"Mobile Virtaul Network ..." is set to None.

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes

In this case, everything is correct and no further adjustments can be made from us. This is really up to Samsung as they indicate. The same applies to the other networks. This depends on the frequencies used.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic