Reacties
korso

Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

No VoLTE on Oneplus 9 Pro

Dear Vodafone team,

I acquired a OnePlus 9 Pro phone. I can use wifi calls (vowifi) but there is no volte option in the settings which I find super weird. Does any other user have the same issue?

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Dear @Cecilia , apologies for the later reply . I went to the vodafone shop like suggested. All is working well. The problem was that if I use 5G I have very bad coverage in my area , which makes using data during volte calls even worse. I switched to 4G for the time being and all is good. Sorry for all the trouble!!

Bekijk in context

Uitgelicht
korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Reacties
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Additionally and for other OnePlus users out there , it is normal to not see the VoLTE switch in the vodafone sim. Seems to be related to the way Vodafone network handles the volte profiles but it works well regardless.

23 Reacties 23
Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes
korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Dear @Energieboy , today I spoke with support and they reset the settings on vodafone's end. Things are working fine now! There is just one oddity, oneplus doesn't show the volte icon or option in the sim card settings for some reason (it does show vowifi though), but it actually works. If I make a call, I have internet data just fine and 5G connection. Apologies for all the confusion!

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Great that it is working!

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

@Energieboy actually, it doesn't work 😞 I have data still during calls but speed is super super slow, which means VoLTE is actually not working. VoLTE works with t-mobile, orange and KPN networks so I don't understand why a new expensive phone doesn't support it in Vodafone network. I reached out to OnePlus support as well, but I would appreciate a solution that doesn't imply rooting a new phone (or changing providers!!)

Mariska
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 16Posts
  • 4Oplossingen
  • 7Likes

@korso I’m sorry you’re still experiencing problems. To help you, I have to ask a few more questions to get the problem straight so please correct me if I’m wrong.

If I understand your message correctly, you have used different SIM cards in combination with your Oneplus 9 Pro and you only experience problems when you use your Vodafone SIM card. You do need a good connection in order to use VoLTE, have you also checked how things are going on different WiFi networks? Does this make a difference? 

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hello @Mariska , thanks for your kind message, let me try to give all the possible details.

Phone is updated to the latest available version (see attachment)

I have two sims, one with a spanish number (orange), this one has 4g calling available as an option, and wifi calls. SIM is in SIM2

SIM1 is the one from Vodafone NL, only Wifi Calling is available, no 4g calling option/

Things tried so far:

1. Move SIM1 to SIM2, problem follows the SIM

2. Try in different areas with full coverage, still the same (note there is 5G in the screenshot)

3. Request a new SIM from Vodafone , same issue.

4. Contact Vodafone support. They reset my setting from their end, still no joy.

5. Try different providers sim cards from NL , KPN and t-mobile work fine and show 4G calling button.

6. Factory reset the phone

Hope this information somehow help!

Mariska
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 16Posts
  • 4Oplossingen
  • 7Likes

Thanks so much for your detailed answer. You already tested a lot! Is it possible for you to also try the Vodafone Sim in a different device? I'm curious if you're also experiencing this problem on another device.

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hello @Mariska , I'll try on a OnePlus 3 and a Oneplus 8 I have available (no, I do not work for them 😄 )

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hello @Mariska , so this is the result of the test.

OnePlus 9 Pro:

Sim 1 T-Mobile : volte and vowifi available 

Sim 1 Lebara: volte and vowifi available

Sim 1 or 2 Vodafone : only vowifi available

OnePlus 3:

Sim 1 Vodafone: no volte or VoWIFI available

OnePlus 8:

Sim 1 Lebara: vowifi and volte available 

Sim 1 Vodafone: Only vowifi available 

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Additionally, there is a very annoying phone services notification that I can't remove for Vodafone NL wifi. 

Thanks in advance!

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

This is the reply I got from One Plus support. All true but not very helpful. 

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting OnePlus support.

There are three prerequisites for providing end-to-end VoLTE services.

SIM card - Your phone's SIM card must support the ISIM embedded application.

ISIM stands for IMS Subscriber Identity Module.The ISIM contains the credentials needed

for VoLTE authentication with the network.

Without the ISIM application on the SIM card, even if your phone supports VoLTE, you cannot

use the service.

Handset - Your phone must support VoLTE technology in its software and the underlying modem.

Therefore, if you try to use a SIM card with an ISIM in a handset that does not supports, your service will not work.

Operator's network - Even if you have a SIM card with an ISIM and a VoLTE-compatible handset, your operator's network

must support VoLTE technology . Without proper network implementation VoLTE services will not work.

If you want to enable VOLTE in your phone..... Then there is no manual technique you can perform to turn on VOLTE....

If you use a sim that uses VOLTE, it is automatically enabled....

Actually, VOLTE is a function of your sim and not your phone...... So, if your phone supports LTE it will definitely enable VOLTE

Each mobile operator must negotiate with the phone manufacturer to implement Volte on a device of their choice.

Every OnePlust device supports VoLTE technology.

https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1501093

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 16Posts
  • 5Oplossingen
  • 6Likes

@korso Thank you so much for sharing the feedback. It's quite complex, I read. Sorry about that. It might be good to go through all the steps one more time. As for the annoying notification, I suspect I've found something about that too. Could you please try/perform these steps?

https://community.vodafone.nl/t5/Tips-van-Vodafone/Bellen-over-WiFi-en-4G-VoLTE-VoWiFi/ba-p/124334 (yes, this is in Dutch, so if you prefer English you may always use a translater)

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hello @Paul , thanks for writing. I went through all the steps above several times. Only Vodafone sim doesn't activate volte, even if a different OnePlus model. This is either a software limitation with OnePlus OS and Vodafone network or something on Vodafone network itself. I don't have any way to debug this further. Is there any way to take this internally through your support team? Otherwise I'll have to consider changing providers and I would really would like not to because I am quite happy with Vodafone. 

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 16Posts
  • 5Oplossingen
  • 6Likes

He @korso sad to hear this does not fix it. The VoLTE setting is still enabled and registered. 
Did you try in the cross test on the other OnePlus or the other sim in your OnePlus? 
Just to make sure where this goes wrong: 

- A working VoLTE device + sim switch with your sim. This was tested, is this on any other brand too? 
- Switch the working sim to your device, does it work than? 

You can always come by one of our stores so we can cross check this. 

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi @Paul , I really appreciate your patience . Maybe this could be for being in one of the old red subscriptions?

In any case, my sim doesn't show volte on the OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 3. Sadly I don't have any other device at home to test. 

In the OnePlus 9 pro a Lebara , KPN or T-Mobile sim works fine and I can see the volte enabled just ok. 

Should be this checked at a Vodafone store then? I really don't know what else to try 😅

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 16Posts
  • 5Oplossingen
  • 6Likes

Thanks for the response. Does the other (working VoLTE) sim give the same issue on your phone --> NO VoLTE? 

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

@Paul Before replying, I would like to thank you for your help. I know I am being the classic annoying customer 🙂

So to clarify, the only SIM that doesn't show VoLTE is the Vodafone NL one on any of the OnePlus phones The other SIMs from KPN / T-Mobile or Lebara show VoLTE fine on any phone combination.

I already requested a new SIM card from Vodafone, but even with this new SIM card from Vodafone still the same. I am sure more customers must be having this issue: https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1410277

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Hi @korso

Hmm, what a strange issue. According to our information all devices from One Plus 6 are Vodafone supported for VoLTE and VoWiFi so it's quite strange that only VoWiFi is working. 

You also tried a new Vodafone sim. Unfortunately this wasn't the solution, however we ruled out a possible cause. When VoLTE on your device is working with other providers, the cause is possibly in the settings. So if you have the opportunity to go to a Vodafone shop to check this with one of my colleagues, please. We would like to get an update from you. If the settings are correct and the issue can't be fixed in the shop, can you also check if your device has the latest software update and provide me the software version? 

korso
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 19Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Thank you @Cecilia ! I am on holidays now but I'll sure go to a Vodafone shop when i return in 10 days or so (is ok to keep the thread open?)

About the software version I am on the latest available: LE_2123_11_C48

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic