LucasP

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Prepaid card is now locked

Hi,
I have been using a vodafone prepaid simcard for a few months and everything worked fine. Recently i did not use my phone too much ; when i tried too topup my credit online a few days ago, i never got confirmation that i got the credits even though the payment went through. I spent 10 euros just to check it would work so i lost my 10 euros.
I tried taking off and on the simcard but i never got any new credit.
What should i do to check whether the card is still active? I will need a working phone soon and i am affraid i will go for something else if i cannot get what i paid for on my current number
Best regards,

Lucas P.

6 Reacties 6
Sharon
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3523Posts
  • 215Oplossingen
  • 440Likes
Hi LucasP,

When you don't use your prepaid phone for a while there is a possibility the number is disconnected. You have to topup the credit at least once a year to hold on to your number. When was the last time you toppedup your credit?
LucasP
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi Sharon,

I stopped using the number for about one or one and a half months, so nowhere close to one year. The number on the topup page appeared as valid (i also checked with an older prepaid sim and indeed i had an "invalid number" error). When the payment was processed, i just never got a confirmation text for the topup and my credit stayed at 0 euros. The last time i put money on it was the 20th of march ; i also used the online topup website, which worked without problem then.

Best,

Lucas

Sietske
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 1394Posts
  • 51Oplossingen
  • 59Likes
LucasP,

I think it's the easiest to contact the customer service via 1201 (free number) or via Facebook/Twitter. My colleagues are able to check if the upgrade went well and/or what's going wrong.
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
No response. The topic will be closed soon.
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
Topic closed.
Marc
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 7269Posts
  • 231Oplossingen
  • 344Likes
Gearchiveerd.
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic