Rehan Ahmed

Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

No Network in 1086VM postcode (Steigereiland / Ijburg)

We recently moved in our new built house on smalschipstraat situated on Steigereiland in Amsterdam and there are no signals whatsoever of vodafone in or beside the house. If I really walk a bit further into open grounds I get edge signals but not 3g / 4g. I have already created a ticket but nothing happens. The whole neighborhood suffers bad signals. I use 2 vodafone sims at one (1 personal and 1 business number) but arent useable in the house.
Can someone please help with their experiences. Should I buy a femtocel (SignalPlus) will it help?
13 Reacties 13
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
Hi Rehan Ahmed

Welcome to our community. On this moment there is a disturbance near your postal code. That is why you experience a bad signal.
On behalf of VodafoneZiggo my apologies!

It is not possible to use a Femtocel anymore.
Rehan Ahmed
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Steven wrote:
Hi Rehan Ahmed

Welcome to our community. On this moment there is a disturbance near your postal code. That is why you experience a bad signal.
On behalf of VodafoneZiggo my apologies!

It is not possible to use a Femtocel anymore.

Hi Steven,
Do you know when will it be fixed? If its not going to be fixed I may unfortunately have to look into alternative options. Have been with Vodafone for 5 years or so. Would be a shame 😞
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
On this moment there is no solution yet. It should be fixed in 5 work days.
Rehan Ahmed
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi Steven,

I just read other posts from Ijburg and they have the same issue since last year or so. Your coverage map on the website (Which is a huge lie btw) shows 4G+ coverage and I dont even get 1 single bar of network. If it wasnt fixed in a whole year and community managers and CS team lied to the users and to new ones as the map shows full coverage I dont think it will be fixed in 5 work days.
Will start looking for a new provider unfortunately as I bought a house so I have to spend my life here and I can;t deal with no coverage whatsoever.
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
On this moment there is a disturbance going on at Steigerland.
It should be fixed within 5 work days. If the coverage doesn't improve you can start a case through https://www.vodafone.nl/support/internet-en-dekking/ik-kan-niet-bellen-of-internetten.shtml
Sharon
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3523Posts
  • 215Oplossingen
  • 440Likes
Can you give us an update regarding the disturbance at Steigerland Rehan Ahmed ? Did the coverage improve since your last post?
Rehan Ahmed
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Sharon It did not. I still have vodafone but I unfortunately cant use it in the house or around it. I have to keep it as the number is issued by my company. On my private vodafone number I got a message that the issue of network / signals can't be resolved so they want to give me 1gb data for free which in no way compensates for the trouble and is also useless as I have wifi at home and unlimited internet outside (through my vodafone business number) when I am not near the area.

So short answer, nope. Still little to no signals.
Sharon
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3523Posts
  • 215Oplossingen
  • 440Likes
I'm sorry to hear. Then I advice you to follow the steps on this page: https://www.vodafone.nl/support/internet-en-dekking/ik-kan-niet-bellen-of-internetten.shtml. At the end there's an option to send our technical department a notification about your issue. They are going to research your case and give you a personalised answer or solution, Rehan Ahmed
Rehan Ahmed
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Sharon I did that already multiple times. It registers a case but nothing happens. Just got a text that it cant be solved and I can 1gb of free data.

Loop continues. No Solution from Vodafone
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
I Just checked our network and see that the disturbance is not resolved yet. That is why you still experience that the network is down.
Rehan Ahmed
topicstarter
Gedreven Ontdekker
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Steven if you check the forums, there are people here complaining about the same issue since more than 2 years and no resolution yet. Can't believe that such a densely populated and popular area of Amsterdam with 30000+ residents is being neglected by Vodafone.
Note: According to HBR, biggest reason for people to switch provider is not costs but network coverage.

Not sure how seriously its taken at Vodafone NL.
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
There are 2 issues, the first one is a disturbance and the second one is the network less than in big cities. We know that.
For the disturbance I can create a case for you for our technical department.
Can you send me your mobile number through a DM?
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
I have created to cases for our technical department regarding the disturbance.
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic