keener

Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Cannot buy YOU 1GB SIM online without having account/phone number

I don't yet have mobile service for my phone and I don't have a NL mobile number, which is why I was trying to buy the prepaid YOU 1GB bundle on a monthly basis.
When I tried to purchase online, I had to enter a phone numer, used my friend's (since I don't have one), then the only option was to add the bundle to my (non-existent) account/phone number. I coouldn't get a new number.I was just trying to get a (new) number and a prepaid service and it's proven rather frustrating so far.
Any suggestions?
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Sietske
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 1394Posts
  • 51Oplossingen
  • 59Likes
Hi keener,

Sorry but I don't exactly understand what you mean.
When you want to buy a YOU 1GB bundle you have to fill in a phone number (second step), that's true. Of course it's not a problem to use your friend's number since you don't have one yet.
The third step is 'Nummerbehoud', which you have to check/fill in when you want to keep your old number. But you don't have one, so you don't have to fill in anything over there.
After those steps you automatically will get a new number and the YOU 1GB bundle 🙂

Bekijk in context

6 Reacties 6
Sietske
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 1394Posts
  • 51Oplossingen
  • 59Likes
Hi keener,

Sorry but I don't exactly understand what you mean.
When you want to buy a YOU 1GB bundle you have to fill in a phone number (second step), that's true. Of course it's not a problem to use your friend's number since you don't have one yet.
The third step is 'Nummerbehoud', which you have to check/fill in when you want to keep your old number. But you don't have one, so you don't have to fill in anything over there.
After those steps you automatically will get a new number and the YOU 1GB bundle 🙂

keener
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi Sietske,

Thanks for replying!
I just ordered the prepaid 1GB maandbundel €10…when I receive the SIM card in the mail, will it also include my new mobile number? I'm nervous that my friend's mobile number (that I needed to enter to buy the bundle) might get cancelled and changed to a new number.
There wasn't an option to choose to keep or transfer a number, so I hope that went through properly. Yikes!
Sietske
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 1394Posts
  • 51Oplossingen
  • 59Likes
keener,

Sounds like everything went fine.
When you receive the sim card, you'll automatically get your new number.
We need a mobile number to call when something went wrong, but usually we don't need it. Just to be sure.
So no need to stress 🙂

keener
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Super! Thank you so much for the information (and responding in English...still learning Dutch)!
🙂
Sietske
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 1394Posts
  • 51Oplossingen
  • 59Likes
You're welcome keener.
Dutch is not the easiest language to learn, so I'm happy to help you in English.
Good luck with all the grammar 😉
Sharon
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3523Posts
  • 215Oplossingen
  • 440Likes
Topic gesloten.
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic