Vraag
Reacties
Mdl_82

Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Prepaid SIM not connecting to Internet

I am visiting from Canada and just tried to put a Prepaid SIM into my Samsung S21 5G. Once entering the PIN Code and starting up my phone, a message popped up saying I had to Switch to Xplore Mobile and that my phone would restart to install apps and features from Xplore Mobile. I backed up my phone and went ahead with the switch as I wasn't able to move forward without doing it. When my phone restarted it looked like it had registered on VodafoneNL but I haven't been able to get a data connection. I have made sure I am not on airplane mode, my data is turned on, etc.  I have used VodafoneNL prepaid SIM cards in the past on a different decive and have had no issues. Any advice on how to solve this? Thank you.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Mdl_82
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi! I JUST walked out of a Vodafone store and the gentleman was able to help me! Thank you so much for trying to help on your end. Much appreciated!

Bekijk in context

6 Reacties 6
Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Hi @Mdl_82
Welcome to the Vodafone Community. 

What a strange issue! I assume you are using Vodafone prepaid with the Blox 'Alles in 1 Wereld bundel' for using data abroad in Canada. To be sure. Did you check your APN-setting for using data abroad? You can find these here.  

You mentioned that you used other Vodafone prepaid simcards in the post in another device. Do you have the opportunity to check your simcard in another device? I'm curious if you then also experience this issue. 

@Energieboy do you also have some other tips and tricks for @Mdl_82?

Mdl_82
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Cecilia! Thank you for your response however I am not in Canada.  I am in the Netherlands trying to use a Prepaid SIM with 4GB data while I am here. 

Energieboy
Expert
Expert
  • 11781Posts
  • 3469Oplossingen
  • 3093Likes

Is it a Dutch provider?
Where you using it from?

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Oh I'm so sorry @Mdl_82. I totally misunderstood your question 😞 Thankyou for clearing this up. However, you mentioned that you used other Vodafone prepaid simcards in the post in another device. Do you have the opportunity to check your simcard in another device? I'm curious if you then also experience this issue. 

Is there also a Vodafone shop nearby? Otherwise you can also go to one of our shops and my colleague can check your settings and also another simcard can be tested in your current phone.

Mdl_82
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi! I JUST walked out of a Vodafone store and the gentleman was able to help me! Thank you so much for trying to help on your end. Much appreciated!

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2912Posts
  • 841Oplossingen
  • 1013Likes

Amazing! I'm happy to read that one of my colleagues of the Vodafone shop has fixed this for you. Thankyou for this update and enjoy your stay in the Netherlands! 🙂

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic